Help for writing contributions
A short tutorial
- Click on the menue item "Write a contribution"
- Input a distinctive title for your contribution in the appropriate field and write the text.
- The symbols above the text field can be used for formatting.
- Alternatively, the formatting help can be disabled by clicking "show/hide". Now you can paste html formatted text into the field.
- You absolutely need to select first a section and then a category from the drop down lists below the text field (not "Uncategorized"). This is necessary to make your contribution appear in the correct section of the website.
- If the contribution is supposed to appear in the "News" section, select "Show on front page: Yes".
- The remaining settings can normally be left as they are.
- Click on "Save" on the top right of the window. The contribution is now submitted.
- If you only have Author status, your contribution will not be visible on the website immediately, because it has be approved by a Publisher or higher first.
- Even as a Publisher you cannot completely delete contributions. However, you can hide a contribution by selecting "Published: No". The contribution is now no longer visible on the homepage for normal users.
- If you write a longer contribution, it is recommeded to use the "Read more" function. Position the cursor in your text and click "Read more" directly below the text field. A horizontal line is inserted. Everything above this line is immediately visible when viewing the contribution, the rest will only be displayed on demand.